Face masks mandatory in conference halls and auditoria
July 10, 2020
The Consultative Committee decided to extend the obligation to wear a face mask, following the new GEES recommendations.
As of Saturday 11 July, wearing a mask is mandatory:
- in shops and shopping malls;
- in cinemas, theatre, concert and conference halls, auditoria, places of worship, museums and libraries.
This list may change over time, depending on the country’s epidemiological situation. Wearing a mask is always highly recommended in other situations.
People who do not comply with the obligation to wear a face mask in the situations described risk criminal sanctions as provided for in the Ministerial Decree. The Ministerial Decree will also provide for the possible closure of businesses that repeatedly violate the rules.
The authorities insist that wearing a mask is an additional protection that does not exempt people from applying the six “golden rules”
- Applying hygiene measures, such as regular hand washing;
- Preferring outdoor activities;
- Paying special attention to vulnerable groups;
- Maintaining a safety distance of 1.5m as much as possible;
- Limiting your contacts (15 people per week);
- Limiting the size of get-togethers (15 people).
These six golden rules remain the first line of defence against the virus.